Ashton Manufacturing offers a world-class product range consisting of premium quality caskets that are handcrafted from the finest solid timbers and precious metals, through to contemporary, personalised coffins, and traditional designs, together with economical and sustainable choices. We make product selection and ordering easier, faster and more efficient by offering clients 24/7 contact with their dedicated account manager, modern sales tools, the largest range of products, fast delivery, unrivalled reliability and we always have expert help available.
Our values are what shape and guide our company. They are distilled across five key areas of quality, service, people focus, innovation and sustainability.
Our team understands the important role that funeral services play in the journey of grief and that funeral professionals have the ability to orchestrate meaningful experiences that can help mourners begin to heal and grow.
- Pentacle Property Funds Management Limited, a property funds management business; and
- Fat Profits, an investment research and management business.
Rohan spent three years as a senior manager in one of the world’s leading aircraft leasing businesses and a further three years as a State and General Manager for airports for one of Australia’s leading airlines. He then spent four years operating his own financial planning business and two years as State Manager for Finium Financial Services Pty Limited in Queensland.
Head of Operations (NSW)
Head of Operations
Assistant Head of Operations
Account Manager QLD
Patrick Di Lizio
Account Manager VIC
Account Manager SA
Business Development Manager NSW
Business Development Manager WA
Assistant Finance Manager
Lid & Carcase Assembly Supervisor
Dispatch / Warehouse Supervisor
Machine Shop Supervisor
We’d love you to join our team. Ashton Manufacturing offers a world-class product range consisting of premium quality caskets that are handcrafted in our factory. Contact us today to check available roles.
We’re people focused and understand family
We greatly value the professional skills of our clients as they support and guide families through the process of arranging a funeral service for a loved one. Below are some common questions from our clients.
Why should I use Ashton?
We are a wholly Australian owned company and have the biggest, most comprehensive range of caskets and coffins available. Our range includes our patented Expression Coffin range, the internationally acclaimed Batesville Casket Company range and our more traditional Ashton Manufacturing range of caskets and coffins. Our range is always increasing as we predict and meet the emerging needs of modern funeral service requirements.
Some special attributes of Ashton caskets and coffins includes:
- DiamondCoat Lacquer: our own specialised wood finish that dries by a solvent curing process, producing a smooth, hard, durable This finish can be of any sheen level from matte to high gloss. It is both combustible and ethanol free.
- Sustainability: We use solid timber from managed forestry resources. Our MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) coffin range is produced from eZero MDF, and is manufactured from managed and renewable plantation pine.
We also offer unparalleled assistance to funeral homes around Australia through Ashton Assist, which is our suite of value-added services. These services include:
- Graphic Design services for the creation of funeral home branded, printed and digital casket and coffin arrangement albums.
- Our SET (Skill Enhancement Training) program is designed to improve funeral homes’ staff casket and coffin knowledge; develop a more professional approach to coffin selection that empowers families; and increase their understanding of the important role of funerals.
- Technology support: such as casket and coffin iPad album set up and support and AVS (Ashton Virtual Showroom), Ashton’s proprietary funeral home virtual showroom concept.
Where is Ashton located? Do you deliver to my area?
We also have our own distribution centres in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth that are all linked via our integrated logistic network of Ashton trucks and delivery personnel.
We have funeral director clients all across Australia and deliver to all areas. Please contact us to discuss what your regular scheduled delivery times will be.
What is your ‘standard’ coffin size?
This size is suitable for the majority of funeral requirements and maintains aesthetically balanced proportions.
We also stock other sizes to suit the small percentage of cases that differ to our standard size. Coffins can be purchased with various internal dimensions, such as:
- Widths – 50cm, 53cm, 55cm, 60cm, 75cm, 85cm
- Lengths – 170cm, 180cm, 190cm, 200cm, 210cm
- Depths – 30cm, 32.5cm, 35cm, 38cm, 45cm
(Please note that not all size combinations are available)
We also produce customised coffins to suit very large people, where coffin dimensions may exceed widths of 100cm.
Does Ashton keep stock of finished caskets and coffins?
Therefore, our production team stocks 3,500 – 4,000 finished caskets and coffins in our production facility and distribution centres around Australia. This is backed up by our integrated logistics network of Ashton delivery trucks and personnel that ensures a seamless process from ordering to delivery to your funeral home.
What happens if I need an urgent, unusual sized coffin?
We also stock a range of child’s coffins and accessories in all of our distribution centres.
Are Ashton caskets and coffins still handmade?
Can I visit Ashton’s production facility or distribution centres?
We offer specialised educational tours tailored for funeral professionals at our production facility on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
I have damaged a coffin, what should I do?
You can check our Resources page for more answers on repairing coffins and how to polish a coffin before a funeral.
Can I contact Ashton after-hours?
After-hours you can reach one of our team by calling our head-office phone number 1300 263 346 (1300 COFFIN).
Our head-office business hours are Monday – Friday 6:00am – 4:30pm (Qld time).
Do you only supply caskets and coffins?
I want to buy a coffin. Do you sell to the public?
– Rowan Steer, Executive Director Integrity Funerals
– Tameka M
– Mark, Funeral Director
Kindest regards to you all,
– John L
– Peter Hall, The Courier Mail
– Denise J
– Mary S
Stay up to date
We send out regular updates to our subscribers with helpful resources and the latest news relevant to our industry. From video tutorials on ‘how to polish coffins for a funeral’ to the latest articles and media releases, you can be sure you stay up to date with us.